A diaper (in North America) or nappy (in the United Kingdom or Commonwealth countries) is an absorbent garment worn primarily by whom are not yet potty trained or suffer from bedwetting.
The Purpose of Cloth Diaper
The purpose of a diaper is to absorb moisture and contain mess so that the wearer can remain dry and comfortable after wetting or soiling themselves. When diapers become full and can no longer hold any more waste, they require changing.
Material of Diaper
Diapers can be made of either cloth or disposable materials. Whereas cloth diapers are comprised of layers of fabric such as terry towelling and can be washed and reused multiple times, disposable diapers contain absorbent chemicals and can be thrown away after use. The decision to use cloth or disposable diapers is a controversial one, due to issues ranging from convenience, health, cost, and their effect on the environment.
Why and Benefits of Using Cloth Diapers?
- -- Yes, cloth diapers are cheaper than disposable. Any way you do the math, cloth wins. Just need to purchase average about 6 sets and you can use for 2 - 3 years and can pass down to your next baby. Which is more worth? Which is more value for money? We have done some calculation base on assuming usage for 2 years. Easily You Save = RM 3,194 for 2 years.much more other things you can buy for your beloved children with RM 3,194? For calculation details, please visit http://www.kasihkusayangku.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=9
- Cloth Diapers are more environmentally friendly! Cloth diapers can be wash, reuse and recycle. With cloth diapers you are not throwing thousands of pounds of non-biodegradable waste into the landfills each year.Cloth diapers should be the Reduce, Re-use, and Recycle product of choice! It only takes 3 dozen good quality cloth diapers to diaper at least 2 children for a grand total of 4-6 years, then you can use the worn diapers as rags for another 5 years, then you can throw the scraps in the compost bin, where the natural fibers will biodegrade.
- Disposable diapers contain Carcinogenic Dioxin, which in various forms has been shown to cause cancer, birth defects, liver damage, and skin diseases, genetic damage, is a by-product of the paper-bleaching process used in manufacturing disposable diapers, and trace quantities may exist in the diapers themselves. Disposable diapers contain gel-like beads Sodium polyacrylate, make diapers super absorbent. It ‘pulls’ natural moisture from baby’s skin, encouraging irritation. It can cause severe allergic reactions including vomiting, infections and fever. Disposable diapers also contain TRIBUTYL TIN – Highly toxic pollutant. It has hormone-like effect in smallest concentration. It harms the immune system and impairs the hormonal system.
- This may not hold true in every case, but there's no denying that cloth diapers are a lot more "realistic" than disposables. A wet cloth diaper feels wet to a child, whereas a disposable diaper continues to feel dry.
- Less diaper rashes. No doubt, it may depends on the child, but that cloth seems to maintain a better moisture environment for my daughter's skin than disposables. You can also feel more easily when your child is wet and change her as often as necessary. And there's no increased cost if you need to change your child more often with cloth diapers, whereas with disposables it can really add up if you are changing your babe more frequently due to rash or diarrhea. One study from the Journal of Pediatrics indicates that 54% of one month olds in disposable diapers had some type of rash, 16% were severe. Rash medication can be expensive. A tube of one of the leading makers of rash medicine costs approximately $6. This is just a small expense, but multiply that expense over three years and it quickly starts to add up.
- to the store because you are out of diapers, no scanning newspaper ads, hoping for a great sale, and no clipping coupons. Just do a couple loads of laundry a week and you're set!
- Save Time. Still recall the day you fold the traditional nappy until you want to cry. With cloth diaper, it is so easy to put it on our beloved child and spend the precious time with them.